: Corporate IT Auditor
Posted by Company
: Arrow Electronics
: 70 Maxess Road,Melville, NY, 11747
: Trevor Smith at email@example.comJob Application URL:
salaried to salaried $/hr
Conducts IT governance, infrastructure & support, integrated business process and application audits under the direction of manager for various lines of business/functional areas within Arrow Electronics.
Primary responsibilities include ensuring that the execution of all audit activities in the planning, fieldwork, reporting and wrap-up phases is conducted in accordance with established standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in the planning and execution of audits.
• Collaborate with Financial and/or IT audit team members to plan audit projects.
• Assist with the development of the audit scope and objectives, risk and control assessments, work programs, and other deliverables of audit work.
• Assist the audit team in documenting business and IT management processes related to the entity being audited.
• Execute testing of controls to assess operational effectiveness in managing risk.
• Use knowledge of risk and control concepts and industry trends to identify control recommendations and process improvement ideas.
• Assist with the preparation of the audit report draft; ensuring that all areas of audit process and results have been addressed.
• Communicate information to management through presentations and internal audit reports.
• Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with team members, and use technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of the audit process and deliverables.
• Consistently ensure compliance with Arrow Audit Standards.
• Establish, foster and maintain working relationships with peers and supervisory management within the business line and cross-functional lines to support an effective workflow and continuous communications.
• Initiate regular meetings with peers to maintain knowledge of current and emerging issues and risks in respective audit areas.
• Promote awareness of Audit''s mission and objectives among business line peers.
• Actively participate in relationship building with business line peers.
• Assist in the identification and continuous monitoring of risks and other potential exposures to Arrow.
• Assist in the design, maintenance and execution of continuous monitoring programs that effectively assesses changing risk and the impact on internal controls and planned audit activities.
• Develop an industry knowledge base to keep current on existing and emerging issues; apply this knowledge for the benefit of the Arrow’s risk-based audit program.
• Provide input for developing recommendations and action plans to eliminate or mitigate observed risks.
• Participate in departmental processes and initiatives, including employee-focused processes that promote resource development.
• Assist management in continuous improvement of the audit function through special projects and process development activities.
• Attend Arrow sponsored and other training to build industry knowledge and technical capabilities.
• Assist with the audit and regulatory issue follow-up processes.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Sound written and oral communication skills required.
• Demonstrates strong leadership and project management skills.
• Ability to work within a team environment and maintain professional composure in a dynamic work environment that often requires management/completion of multiple tasks.
• Must be able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change.
• Must be results and goal oriented, possess sound judgment and ability to apply logical/critical thought processes when developing business solutions.
• Demonstrates ability to display a positive business presence and sound judgment with management and external personnel.
• Must be able to maintain objectivity in all aspects of position.
• Bachelor’s or Master''s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems. Other related academic majors (e.g., Accounting or Audit) should be accompanied by relevant additional work experience in IT or IT Audit.
• CISA Preferred. At a minimum, candidates should be actively pursuing CISA certification, and/or related professional certifications such as CISSP, CPA or CIA.
• 1-3 years Internal IT Audit experience or equivalent large public accounting firm experience; or 3-4 years general industry IT audit experience required. Must be experienced in performing audits within a multi-platform, networked environment. Ideal candidate would have performed audits within the following environments: Windows, UNIX, and Mainframe. Experience in auditing Financial Services/Banking applications and business processes is preferred.
• Proficient with MS-Windows and other related PC applications. Possess the desire and ability to learn mainframe applications and automated data analysis tools and techniques. Ideal candidate has working knowledge or expertise in one or more of the following: operating system technologies; database technologies; web/internet middleware; application development; data analysis; or networking technologies.
• Travel approximately 20-40%