: IT Support Intern
Posted by Company
: Baldwin Union Free School District
: 960 Hastings Street,Baldwin, NY, 11510
: Robert Bowen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516-377-9309
0 to 0 $/hr
The function of the IT Support Intern is to provide technical support and assistance across the various departments and to help develop the skills and capabilities they will need to perform as a full-time employee within the information technology field.
This will be accomplished by working on various projects and assignments as directed by IT staff to support on-going IT operations.
Exposure to multiple areas within IT (Help Desk, Applications, Wireless and Wired Networking, Managed IT Services and network Infrastructure) will be part of the Internship experience.
• Knowledge of operating systems like Windows XP/Vista and 7.
• Familiar with Network Systems.
• Handle troubleshooting issues related to hardware and software applications.
• Maintain proper reports and records of completed services.
• Have a valid driving license in order to fix the problems on site.
• Possess skills in systematically analyzing and troubleshooting issues, and formulating a plan to resolve them.
• Currently pursuing an AS or BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems.
• The ability to adapt to change quickly.
• Self-directed learner and enthusiastic.
• Good communication (written and verbal) as well as customer-service skills preferred
• Microsoft Office and other applications