: Systems Administrator
Posted by Company
: New York, New York,
: Human Resources at email@example.com
0 to 0 $/hr
Position: Systems Administrator (Full-time)
Location: New York, NY
HookLogic is an innovative, fast-growing technology company that provides omni-channel solutions to advertisers like American Express, Dell and UPS to engage premium, in-market shoppers, while enabling retailers like Expedia and Target to monetize their site traffic.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a Systems Administrator who will provide excellent service to our employees and take on every challenge with a view to improving employee productivity. We want a person who understands that at the very base of every company action or operation lies technology. We want a person willing to wear many hats and go the extra mile. A quick thinker who can solve difficult problems, prioritize tasks, and communicate clearly to both very technical employees and ones who need things spelled out a little more clearly.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, with the ability to work well with several different teams. We are looking for someone with a strong IT support background, in terms of end-user troubleshooting as well as interactions with vendors as well as more traditional systems administration who is always looking for new ways to increase employee productivity.
Systems Administrator is ultimately responsible for the ongoing support of the IT needs of the company. Responsibilities include:
• Own and manage office communication systems, including email and VOIP phone systems. Manage hosted email and Shoretel-based VoIP systems, as well as other office productivity suites
• Evaluate and recommend information technology and applications
• Develop clear documentation for setup and maintenance tasks
• Organize and maintain file sharing systems. Administer Windows Server 2008 based file sharing servers
• Support, manage and maintain current Windows environment. Experience managing end user laptops running both Windows 7 and OSX
• Provide technical assistance in person, over the phone or electronically, through screen-sharing with employees and vendors
• Monitor servers according to predefined hardware and application metrics set forth by our products’ developers. Perform scheduled maintenance and diagnosis of problems with issues arise
• Systems administration including managing file systems, user accounts, printers, shared drives, VPN and work stations. Maintain Cisco firewall based VPN, in-office printers, file sharing, UPS battery backups, and employee IT orientation
• Perform system and software upgrades
• Maintain anti-virus and anti-spam solutions
• Stay current with industry standards and implement and enforce best practices.
Desired Skill Set:
• 3 - 5 years’ experience as System Admin or Level II tech support
• 3+ years’ experience working with Windows Server 2003/2008 environments.
• Experience supporting over 80 users and experience supporting multiple locations
• Ability to manage groups, user creation, and security in an Active Directory setting.
• Familiarity and interest in working with Open Source software, specifically Linux operating systems.
• Some experience with VMWare ESXi 5.
• Experience with Windows and Linux firewalls, security, and compliance.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Strong initiative and ability to plan and prioritize work efficiently, multi-task, and work well under pressure with minimal direction.
• Ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail required.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and tasks independently.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team and collaborate effectively.
• Desire to be a part of the high paced, high energy startup experience. Mad Foosball skills a plus!
• Have a “can-do” positive attitude and the willingness to get hands dirty
Benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive vacation and personal time
- Full medical insurance coverage
- Stock options & 401(k) with company contribution
- Extensive training and opportunities for career growth
- Positive, supporting and fun start-up work environment