Visa Information & Invitation Letter

For entry into China, non-Chinese citizens need to apply for a visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in the region they live. The simplest way is to apply for a tourist ("L") visa, which should give you enough time to attend the conference and participate in pre/post conference activities. Please contact the Embassy or Consulate in your region for specific instructions. An invitation letter is not required for obtaining a tourist visa. The regular processing time is 4 working days. Please plan ahead to allow enough time for visa processing.

More information on obtaining a tourist ("L") visa in the North America, Europe, Australia, Asia, can be found at To fill the application form Q1, you should check the Tourism box. The contact in China is Prof Liang Zhang (

If you have problem obtaining a tourist visa, please contact Prof Liang Zhang (, for an official invitation letter to apply for a business (F) visa. In order to obtain an invitation letter, please provide the follow information and send it to Prof Liang Zhang (

  • Name
  • Conference Registration ID
  • Sex
  • Date of Birth
  • Nationality
  • Passport Number
  • Validity of Intended Visa
  • Number of Entries
  • Longest Stay
  • Date of First Entry
  • Places to Visit
  • Purpose to Visit
  • Which embassy or consulate to apply for the visa

We will use above information to fill out the internal application form to the Foreign Affair Office at Fudan University, so you can get a formal invitation letter from our university.

It is the summer holiday for Fudan University (until Sept. 10th, 2012), the officer comes to the office once a week. Please send us the above information ASAP to speed up the process of visa application.

The invitation letter will be available only via email after October 12, 2012.