Cyber(security) Monday

Hi there!

I hope you’ve tucked away that last bit of leftovers from Thanksgiving Day festivities.

The department will be adding to the Spring 2018 schedule a new special topics cybersecurity elective called Cybersecurity for everyone. This course has no prereqs, so it’ll be open to all students, from freshmen to seniors. Also, note that it counts as a technical elective credit for all our undergraduate programs (Computer Engineering, Computer Science and Computer Science & Math).  This mostly hands-on course will be based on mostly the Facebook/Codepath non-credit course some of you have taken this semester.  So, if you’ve done the Facebook course, you’ll probably not find this material new. Space is likely to be limited to 20 students or so. If you have any content-related questions, Prof. Fu and Prof. Zavou are the best people to ask. Address other questions to me.

Welcome back!

--Dr Krish

Department of Computer Science

Hofstra University