Sent by recent graduate Jorge Contreras who works in the company!
Hi! We are a small but growing FinTech startup in the virtual currency/blockchain industry. This opportunity is for an internship, which will allow you to take your formal computer science education experience and apply it to a new and exciting field.
The company seeks a highly-motivated software engineering intern to join our team. The right candidate will work with the company’s lead software engineers to work on special projects for the CEO. The work includes web development on a LAMP stack. This position
is based in New York City, working from our Williamsburg, Brooklyn office. The internship requires a three-month commitment and successful completion will allow for the availability of a full-time position.
The position requires the successful candidate to effectively gather and process business requirements and assist lead software engineers to manage full lifecycle implementations of server-side, client-side, and mobile application code. The position will allow
the intern to contribute to all stages of development, from product specification, to programming and testing, to bug fixes and long-term maintenance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year university pursing a Bachelors in Computer Science
- Minimum of two years of computer science education
- Comfortable within a linux environment and are a fluent writer of bash scripts.
- Familiarity with AWS
- MacOS or any Linux distribution as a primary platform
- Good communicator
- Enjoy writing readable, maintainable and well-factored code
- Highly articulate and get along well with others
- Ambitious and motivated
- Modern DevOps concepts and tools
- Experience as an open source project contributor a plus
- Key exposure to top software engineers and CEO
- Daily lunch provided
- Work with and learn from a small, dedicated team of professionals
- Hip Williamsburg work neighborhood
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please include a great cover letter and three references for this position. (We give preference to video cover letters. Just upload it to youtube and send us the link.) Tell us where in the NYC area you live and why you think you're a good fit
for this opportunity. The quality of your cover letter will contribute as much as 80-100% of our hiring decision.
Job Type: Internship
Apply here: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?l=Brooklyn,+NY&vjk=9088afca0ea6de23
Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY 11549