Code Coaches at theCoderSchool

If you are interested in teaching programming to very motivated high- and middle school- students, you might want to give a shot at being a Code Coach @ theCodeSchool. Read the attachment for details, but here is the gist:

Who We Are

theCoderSchool is an after-school drop-off program for kids learning to code. We provide a fun, energetic, and inspirational environment to bring out that inner hacker in all kids! The future will be ever more dependent on technology so let's get our young generation ready. Learn to Code, Change the World.

Job Summary

theCoderSchool is looking for passionate Code Coaches to teach our next generation how to change the world!  You will meet incredible kids, teach them how to code (and how to think like a coder!), and be rewarded with an amazing experience.  This is a part-time position for 2-15 hours/week (same times weekly), depending on your schedule and availability.  These hours can generally be sometime between 3-8pm weekdays or late morning on weekends.

Hofstra students have won high praise as teachers. Here is an excerpt from a recent email from the owner of theCoderSchool:

I wanted to let you know that we have taken on a number of awesome students from Hofstra who have made amazing teachers to the students coming into our school. Dylan was a great referral and although he has graduated, there have been many who have followed him including Andrew and Max Jenkins, Kevin McCormack and Akash Jauhar. We couldn't be who we are without these amazing teachers …

Here is info about pay: “For the undergraduate students, the range is in the $13 - $17 dollar range to start. For the graduate students, the range is in the $16 - $22 range to start.”

Department of Computer Science

Hofstra University