LIStnet Events

Dear Students,

LIStnet stands for Long Island Software & Technology Network. It’s an association of computing/IT professionals and organizations on Long Island. LISTtnet events are excellent venues for networking, especially if you’re looking for jobs/internships on the Island.  Even if you’re not actively looking for opportunities, they frequently have guest talks on new and emerging tech. I’ve posted below a couple of their upcoming events.  If they fit your schedule, I urge you to attend them.

--Dr Krish

PS: The President of LIStnet is an alumnus of Hofstra—Paul Trapani.

Blockchain! What Is It Good For?

Thursday, October 4

6:00 PM - 7:30 PM

Digital Ballpark, 100 Terminal Drive, Plainview, NY

We will be hosting this event as part of Long Island Blockchain Week. While Bitcoin and other crypto currencies grab all of the mainstream headlines, the impact of the technologies behind it - blockchain and distributed ledger technologies (DLT) - on the structure of business transactions and key societal interactions is potententially even more profound. See details and RSVP at https://blockchain-dlt.eventbrite.com.

Cybersecurity Information and Opportunity

Monday, October 22

8:00 AM - Noon

Morrelly Homeland Security Center, 510 Grumman Rd W, Bethpage, NY 11714

LISTnet has teamed up with the Town of Oyster Bay and Hunter Business School to present Cybersecurity Information and Opportunity. The goal of this event is to educate and inform you about cybersecurity. We will discuss why cybersecurity has become so important, how you can protect yourself (and your business) and the growing amount work opportunities related to cybersecurity. We have an expert panel of speakers that will be sharing real world experience. Town of Oyster Supervisor Joseph Saladino will be on hand for welcoming remarks and to help kick off the event. For more information and and to register visit https://cybersecurity-information-and-opportunity.eventbrite.com.

Department of Computer Science

Hofstra University