From Google with love

Hello from Google!

Fall is officially here now that the Pumpkin Spice everything is in stores. We have some cool announcements to make this month!

Tune in this month on YouTube Live

Back by Popular Demand:

Google Opportunities and Deadlines and ‘Ask a Googler: Resume and Interview Edition’ YouTube Live Series

Click here to be sent the event(s) links

Ask a Googler: Interview Prep Edition

Tues, October 16th 6pm PT / 8pm CT / 9pm ET

Googlers will cover internship and full time opportunities, who is eligible to apply, and important application deadlines to be aware of.

Ask a Googler: Resume Edition

Wed, October 17th 6pm PT / 8pm CT / 9pm ET

Google recruiters will be available to answer your questions and offer up advice. Please  submit any questions you have here. We’ll also be taking live questions.

Google Opportunities / Deadlines

Thurs, October 18th 3:30pm PT / 5:30pm CT / 6:30pm ET

Google engineers will be available to answer your questions and offer up advice when it comes to getting ready for a technical interview. Make sure to watch our past Virtual Career Fair session and submit any questions you have here. We’ll also be taking live questions.

Live sessions will last about 25 minutes. We will feature different Googlers each day and your questions will determine the path each event takes.

Ready to take your coding to the next level? Register now for Kickstart 2018 before the upcoming round, Round G on October 21st @6:00am PST/9:00am EST.

Want to practice?

Start working your way through past problems. Be sure to check out our “Quick-Start” Guide, Terms and Conditions, FAQs and our YouTube Live session where Kickstart alumni (now Google engineers!) give tips on how to compete.

If you have any questions, reach out to codejamkickstart@google.com. Hope to see you on the scoreboard!

Scholarships

Our scholarship programs support students from underrepresented groups in tech who are studying computer science, or a related degree, in the US and Canada. Those who receive our scholarships are awarded $10,000 USD (or $5,000 CAD) to put toward their academics the following school year, and are invited to attend the Google Scholars' Retreat in Mountain View next summer. To learn more about our scholarship programs visit g.co/scholarships.

Opportunities at Google

We think these opportunities could be a great fit - please take a look and apply early!

Visit careers.google.com for more details.

Resources

Google has great resources for you to grow your technical skills.  If you are looking for supplemental online courses, or just curious about Machine Learning, or picking up another programming language, check out g.co/techdevguide

A one-stop-shop for Google developmental programs, events, scholarships, resources, and an opportunity to meet Googlers. Check out g.co/buildyourfuture

If you have any questions, please reach out to techstudents@google.com.

© 2018 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Visit.google.com/students for all career opportunities and student programs.

If you wish to no longer receive these emails, reply to this email with “unsubscribe.”

Computer Science

Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY 11549

516-463-5560